12.31.2008

Holy Holidaze cont.


Otto is now out for winter break from school! He is doing great, I am so proud of him! It has been fun having him around more, did not even realize how busy we were! We have done a lot since he has been on break. We had our first taste of winter weather a few weeks ago. We got iced in for a day, that was a lot of fun. I am kicking myself for not taking pictures! It was really pretty with ice everywhere. Made for a lot of laughs and we tried to ice skate across the property. We decided to take the mule (refer to picture on right that is the mule) out to go look around... we always enjoy that. As you see from the picture from last year. I just wanted to show this picture so you did not think we were riding a real mule around! Then we came in for some Hot Coco that was super yummy! It was a really fun day! So we have been doing that and getting our Christmas things done! I decided to make our Christmas cards this year, which to be honest I had a lot of fun after I stopped trying to make each one look different. It was a little more then just send a ready made card but it was fun to have a personal touch to them. I have also been working on Otto's Christmas present during all this time and trying to keep it a secret form him. I made him a TV pillow, pictures will follow soon. But I had a Sister in the ward help me so it and make it! I am more proud that I was able to keep it a secret from Otto, than I am the pillow but he really enjoys it. He was kinda sad when we were dating he asked if i could sew and i told him a button, so he is happy that i have made something!

Christmas

Wow ! I can not believe that Christmas is over it was a very fun day and great time to think of our Savior. The Christmas festies began with our enrichment night for RS it was very nice and I really enjoyed it. The RS had a program they did about the women from Christ birth. Of course there was Mary. But they had the story of the Sheppard's wife and the inn keepers wife etc. and it was very thought out, really helped me get into the reason for the season. Then we had my work party. It was so much fun we went on the Arkansas Queen which is a river boat and goes up and down the Arkansas river. It was a nice cold night. It was really beautiful and Otto and I had a fun time people watching as we always do. The next day Otto and I went to the children's theater to watch a play. Which that is what Otto got me for my Bday! I was so excited. It was a very cute play! After that the next week we had our ward Christmas party. Then the next few days were getting ready for everything else! Saturday was Christmas @ G'ma Elli's house where there was lots of food and fun. Then we had church the next day I had my sharing time for Primary, then off to G'pa Beaumonts for Christmas where there was more food and fun! Then we went to Ft. Smith to visit G'ma Patsy then we went over and had Christmas Eve with G'ma Davis. Which I always love having Christmas Eve there. It fun to be around all of the family and catch up on everyone. I love the drive home and looking at all the Christmas lights! Christmas morning was spent at my mom and dads! We had a wonderful Christmas breakfast which is one of my favorite Christmas Traditions! Thanks mom! Then we got into our stocking and opened presents and it was a perfect day! As always we got spoiled! We hung out and played games with my family then off to Otto's family we go for more stocking and presents! Then G'pa Beaumont dropped by to say hello and Merry Christmas! Then a little while later G'ma Elli & Lawrence stoped by to say Merry Christmas. Then not to long after that Otto & I left to go see our Christmas movie! We went and saw 4 Christmas which was so funny! Then we came home and crashed from all of the Christmas Chaos! We really did have a great time seeing all our family! Well not ALL our family! WE REALLY DID MISS OUR WEST COAST FAMILY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We missed you guys too but you were definitely in our thoughts this year. I loved your Christmas card sweetie!! Maybe some year we can make it for Christmas but right now the kids have dibs on us. Love you so much and I am so happy that you had a wonderful Christmas! Love, Aunt Deb

Grandma said...

Hi Kris
I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas. We enjoyed having you guys here on Christmas Eve. It's always fun.
By the way, I posted my Christmas photos on Facebook tonight. Hope you enjoy.
I love the music you have on your blogspot. It's always beautiful.
We love you guys, G'ma and G'pa D.

Cari said...

I loved your homemade christmas card! I even commented to Robert that I knew it was homemade. Thanks for thinking of us. We hope to make it to Little Rock sometime if anything exciting ever happens there! You should come visit VA, where it is always exciting!