10.06.2008

To da sticks & back


Our first camping trip & our very own tent! We got this tent as a wedding gift & we just love it! Its perfect for the two of us! We had such a fun weekend with Otto's family. It was perfect weather! Just cold enough in the morning to put on a sweatshirt & have some breakfast. We went up to Blanchard Springs. We saw the caves, made s'mores for breakfast, went star gazing, & just had a fun relaxing time, what more could you ask for!


Here is just a taste of what we got to see! The caverns are 28 stories below the surface! It was a beautiful, I remember it from going there when I was a kid, but I was still in awe of the beauty & just how it has taken thousand of years to form & how it is ever changing.There are times where I wished we lived somewhere else, but this weekend really made me see how pretty & how unique our state is. This is the stream was right by where we set up our tent, it was really pretty. Otto teases me because we want to go kayaking but where we live the water is just muck & I can't see the bottom of it & I just do not like the thought of tipping & falling in. But if the water looks as crystal clear like this, I would have no problem!

Here is Otto and I next to one of the Waterfalls... again I might have over used so pretty in this blog. It truly was. I love waterfalls, I do love the outdoors, I just do not get along with the bugs, & well the bugs left me alone on this trip and it was perfect! We all had a great time. So this was my 1st Beaumont Family camping trip & I can't wait for next year!

6 comments:

Erin Dooley said...

Sounds like so much fun! I miss camping. It's gets harder with little kids so enjoy your time now:)

The Caple Crew said...

mmmmm I have been craving smores for the longest time now! Crazy pregnancy cravings!

Melissa said...

I am so honored to make your list! Thank you so much! What a fun camping weekend~those caverns are beautiful! Good luck in the giveaway~
Blessings,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I remember going to those caves with your Dad, Mom and Andrew a few years back. It is definitely a beautiful area and I am glad that you had so much fun. I have loved having your family here and tomorrow your Mom and I are going shopping!! I love you and thanks for sharing your Mom for a few days:) Love, Aunt Deb

Amy said...

I love it! We want to take the kids there, but need to wait until Halle is a little older...maybe in the spring. Glad you had fun. And I agree with you our state really is beautiful...another word for pretty :)

Laurie Burdett said...

Sounds and looks like you had a great time. I love that area--and yes, we really do live in a beautiful state. I think I remember someone getting that tent for a birthday present though...and a pretty cool birthday present at that. I could see how you could get confused though since you guys made out like bandits in the gift department for your wedding. I love you!