10.13.2008

RaCe FoR tHe CuRe!


Here I am the morning of Race For The Cure! I have my Panera Pink Ribbon Bagel (it was yummy) I had to carb load! This was a really neat weekend for me. I signed up for the race and Otto signed up for 3 miles of men! I was suppost to walk it with some ladies from church but we never found them. Otto being the wonderful husband he is, walked it with me! WE had a blast!
It was fun to see so many people dressed up and so into this race!

As you can see we were in the middle of the massive crowd of pink! This was the view infront of us... they were already to the other side of the bridge at this point.

This was everyone behind us, they were all the way past the two tall buildings on the left. They said they had a record of 50,000 women sign up and over 3,000 men signed up for 3 miles of men! This was so much fun, it was very humbling to see all the people in pink hats which meant that they were a survior. It was touching to see all those who were walking in behalf of someone that had passed away from cancer. As Otto and I were well into mile 2 heading toward our 3rd mile. Otto sees the name Vivian Henrick on a ladies back, which Vivian Henrick is Ottos Great Grandmother who past away this year. So we met and talked with her and Otto had the chance of hearing how many lifes is Great Grandmother touched. So that was a neat moment for us.

I can not wait for next year when I will run it!

3 comments:

Laurie Burdett said...

I am so proud of you both for doing the race. We have lost so many loved ones to cancer. I hope you get to make it a tradition. Next year we want pictures of the two of you in fun pink stuff. I love you! Mom

Erin Dooley said...

That's awesome that you were able to do the race for the cure! It's so addicting!!! I agree with your mom...I think I'd like to see you in a pink wig next year:) Love ya!

Coila said...

That sounds really great! Great event to be involved in--you're getting healthy and helping donate to the cure! Sounds like you and Otto had a great time. :)