9.12.2008

WARNING! Things are bigger and better than they appear!



FINALLY!

I am back on here. Sorry it has been so long... thanks for your patients. (Erin)

Well here it is, our bed, we made with our own hands! WE LOVE IT! This really has been a fun project for us to work on, something we will have for the rest of our lives. Otto has been so patient with me during all this, besides how many times I have had more paint on me than the bed did. Or the time we finally got to bring it upstairs and set it up (which this thing is heavy not easy to move around) and the very next morning I dropped my phone between the wall and the bed, and we basically had to take the bed apart again just to get my phone. After all this he still loves me! This picture does make it look pretty small, but, it is not the case. This bed is huge, I basically have to get a running head start just to get in it! Just so you know the corners are as sharp as they appear just ask my shins. As we were setting up our bed and rearranging our bedroom furniture we realize that our room looks so empty now. We have tried a few things to fill up the space but nothing works just yet. So we are on the look out for something that will work, so we are up to any suggestions. We think we have figured out what we are going to do for baskets for our bed, but not sure just yet. I do know that we will not be getting the ones that are from Pottery Barn that go with our bed, because they cost more than our bed! This picture also shows off our painting skills... Which is a story all in its own... But here is our pride and joy and its summer bedding. I keep saying that we need just one more small pillow for our bed but Otto already thinks we have to many, so as a good wife I will let him think he has won. Little does he know I already have my eye on a few and I am just waiting for them to go on sale.

6 comments:

Rustiroo said...

I love it! You guys did such a great job.

Erin Dooley said...

OK....it was so worth the wait! I love your bed. Can I make an order??? Love you guys!

The Caple Crew said...

That bed is awesome! Good job! I love the bedroom color, we have the same color in our living room!

Nikki said...

That bed is fabulous!!! Good job! It looks really nice. As far as finding things to fill up the space..1 word for ya...IKEA! And pillows and baskets are always pretty cheap at Ross and TJMAXX. Those are some of my favorite stores. Love ya and miss ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that I finally get to see it. What a great job! Do you guys have an IKEA there because they have great baskets that are very reasonable. Good luck with the pillows though:) Love ya, Aunt Deb

Teana & Derek Isbell said...

Great job on the bed! I can totally picture you running and jumping on the bed. haha It just makes me laugh shorty.