9.17.2008

Better Late than Never... St.L take 2


I really do have a Great Husband! For years now I have tried to hold something over my dads' head. When I was 14ish my softball team made it to Worlds in Atlanta, Georgia! I was so excited to hear that not only were we going to Worlds but we as a team were going to watch the Atlanta Braves play! But my dad who is such a hard worker and who sacrificed so much for me to live my dreams, had to work until the very last minute which means I was not able to go the night before... we barely made it to the opening ceremonies! So I missed my first chance to watch my team the Atlanta Braves play. As I am now older and understand the sacrificed my parents made to let me play ball and I am totally over the fact that I missed the game but I still like to tease Dad about that. But Otto has heard this story I guess more than once and has been trying for 2 years now to get me to a Braves Game! WELL, HE DID! We went back up to St. Louis to visit the Holt's and to go watch the Braves play the Cardinals! It was AWESOME it was perfect except the fact the the Cardinals stomped the Braves 18 to 3! We had such a blast! We had greats seats, it was a perfect night! I mean it was August and it was ALMOST chilly who could ask for more!

We always have the best time when we go visit the Holt's! This time they took us to the City Museum! I must say words can not come close to how amazing this place is. I am going to put a few picture on here but just imagine everything you see is 10 times cooler in real life! This first picture is the WARNING you have going into this place, and its really not so much a joke! Yes it was FRAUGHT with danger! Wendy called as we were on our way and asked us if we brought our running shoes and long pants... cause we are going to the Museum. My thought was umm no its August and what kind of Museum would need that kind of thing.... well we did need that stuff! This place is the coolest ever. It was like A.D.D. heaven! Nobody could focus on anything there was just so much to do it was awesome! We did not even get to see everything. This museum was full of recycled material. Bradley was so fun to watch as we climbed through airplanes, caves, a 3 story slide, a ball pit for all ages! As you look at the picture below and to the left. LOOK REALLY CLOSE. That is rebar that they are climbing through. You can climb all through the museum from one level to the next, inside to outside. It is just amazing!







This picture to the right you can not tell but that is just one of 2 airplanes that you can climb through under or over. That is the museum building , it is an old shoe factory! These pictures honestly do not do this justice! It was such a fun time! You know it is fun when you have teenagers in groups, families, and just adults ! There is something for everyone here and it is the most unique thing I have ever seen! We just love the time we get to spend with the Holt's and all the cool things they find to do! So if you are ever in ST. Louis you must got to the CITY MUSEUM! It is something that you have to see for your self!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet, what a great guy! I wish I could meet him, you guys should really come out here. I miss you soooo much!

Erin Dooley said...

What a sweet husband!!! That place looks like so much fun...I want to go!:)