8.05.2008

Things that make you go... ummm?




OK... It has been a busy week. But I just had to tell you about my TWILIGHT experience. So I went Friday night with some friends to the book release of Stephine Meyers new book in the series of TWILIGHT Breaking Dawn! Let me tell you it is the first time I have ever been to a book release and it wont be the last. I had a blast! I was super sleepy. But soon woke up when I arrived at my friends Kristin's house, I totally felt like I was back in High School. In one room all the husbands were playing Rock band which was very entertaining, I must say! Then the rest of the house was filled with girls, one room was making T-shirts for the night, that had Twilight slogans on it; • My ♥ belongs in Forks • Team Edward • Sexier than you since 1918 • All I want for Christmas is my two fang teeth!

Those are just the ones I remember. No, I did not make a shirt but it sure was fun to watch everyone else be so excited. So we had the man party, t-shirt station, food everywhere, and then we had our friend Sayra who is a hair dresser, fixing every ones hair like they were going to prom! Then all kinda of conversations about what they think the book is going to be about, just CHAOS! That was just at Kristin's house getting ready to go over to Barnes and Noble... I was just in awe I mean all I have heard about @ church is about this book but this is a level of love of a book that I have never experienced!

UNTIL.......

We Got to B&N and the level of love of this book well all I can say is things that make you ummmmm.

Now, Like I said in my last post, I have not even read through the first half of the FIRST book, so I do not know a lot. But what I saw when we arrived, I was speechless and just could do nothing but giggle at everything that was around me.

We walk in and it was like goth Heaven, its like the goth people were so excited to have a "place in the world" But from what I have read.... Edward was not Goth he looked just like everyone else. SO I was kinda confused But I think this one guy was even more confused than I was because he I guess thought that Edward was the Edward from Edward Scissorhands. He looked just like him.

This all was before we even got into the store... We walk OK no we were shoved into the store from the crowd and the first thing I see is this little teenage girl with her dad and she is crying, yes crying! She is begging her dad just to hold the book that he just purchased for her. You could tell by the dads face he was not understand what the fuss was over and was not sure how to handle the whole situation. Then you make it through the doors to see a sea of people all kinda of people. People that are in Prom dresses who umm should not be in prom dress like the lady who looked like she was 60, little girls all dolled up more goth and people like my group in t-shirts. I love to people watch and this was the perfect place to just step back and watch peoples reaction as they got this book. Or in anticipation of getting the book. It was a very long but fun night for me. So I do have to say I am not big into book but I think I am into Book releases, now I only wish there were more Harry Potter books to come out....

5 comments:

Erin Dooley said...

looks and sounds like you had so much fun...I'm jealous! I've been hearing so much about these books I think I'm going to have to read them. Anyway...I miss you and love you lots!

kristin said...

thanks for coming, we will do it bigger and better for the movie opening night??? 12/12/08 baby.....

p.s. tell otto that the husband thing was a little unplanned or we would've told him about it

Coila said...

That sounds so fun! I went to a Harry Potter movie release dressed as a Harry Potter character once. That was pretty fun, but no where near the party you guys had!

jennifer rogers said...

it takes all kinds to make the world go round....man I shoulda come with you cause I love to look at goofy people and laugh!

Grace said...

that's so funny. yeah, it was awesome to party. :P i'm glad you came and enjoyed it so much. harry potter parties are ten times better but this does ok. :) love you, girl