7.15.2008

We got Talent... ok ok Otto has the talent!


TALENT is what we got!


We are making our bed. That is right, and it is the coolest! We are not done yet but we are getting closer... I am so excited. We were having a hard time picking out a bed that we both liked.Finally we found something that we both really liked but, then we were sad because, we found what we wanted but it was not budget friendly.


So once again we went looking, but we just kept going back to this bed. One night, Otto was looking at the bed we wanted and said, we could build that! I kinda laughed and said really? He took the information to our friend Andy, and they both thought they could do it. Can we build it, Yes we can! (sorry little bob the builder for you) It is now built and it is the best thing ever. It will give us so much storage space. Otto has worked long and hard on this. I have helped with filling in holes and a lot of sanding. We can now see the finish line. All of it is done except for the last two coats of paint. This has been such a fun project to work together on. I am so thankful for my multi-talented husband.







11 comments:

Laurie Burdett said...

Very talented!! It is really looking great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks to the two of you for fixing my bench and fountain too--I am loving them. love, Mom

kristin said...

you guys are so cute, way to go Otto!

The Caple Crew said...

that's so awesome that you guys built it! I love building stuff!

Coila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coila said...

hahaha, sorry. That post was supposed to go on another blog. . .

What I wanted to say on YOUR blog is that I love this bed and I'm glad you guys can make things together. It can be SO much cheaper but it's so fun, too. :) And that bed looks awesome! I hope we finish ours sooner than I think we're going to. . . we could use the extra storage.

wendy holt said...

The only thing is when you say you have "secret Storage" That will be the first place to look!!

Nikki said...

Look at you guys...so crafty! I am impressed. You are going to post the finished product right??!! Way to go, I am sure it's beautiful and comfy! Miss you!

Erin Dooley said...

I LOVE that bed. Good job the two of you:) I thought the secret hiding place was supposed to be a secret?!?!?!? You better post the finished product:)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! It reminds me of the old water beds with the storage underneath but so much nicer and I love the wicker baskets instead of the drawers! I do have to say that I am impressed with your creativity and style! You guys are awesome!! It is amazing what you can do when you don't have the money to put out for the things you want. I am looking forward to seeing more projects in the future. Love ya, Aunt Deb

Rustiroo said...

I've stalked you down! lol

I love the bed and I find it very impressive Otto did that.

Liz said...

that's so impressive!
how do you make the little hearts? that's impressive too